Many decorators and contract printers for a long time have used plastisol inks to print apparel and textiles. However, these inks are not environmentally friendly. Silicone inks are not only superior to both water based and plastisol inks, but they are also environmentally friendly. Silicone inks are the ultimate option for printing on textiles.
The Natron™ SilTex screen printing silicone inks for textiles are engineered to provide the optimum printing viscosity that is required for efficient printing.
Many textile manufacturers are eliminating PVC resins and plasticizer-based inks. This is due to an effort to be sustainable. These PVC resins and plasticizers are harmful and uncomfortable for skin contact.
Boston Industrial Solutions has developed textile silicone coatings that are sustainable. These silicone textile coatings are easy to work with, environmentally friendly, and durable. The SilTex textile silicone inks are perfect replacement for plastisol inks because they are aesthetically pleasing. Screen printing silicone inks are also safe for skin contact, PVC free, and environmentally friendly.
Currently, silicone inks for textile printing are perfect for performance wear and for unique specialty applications.
Advantages for textile screen-printing silicone inks.
Silicone inks have very many advantages over water-based screen-printing inks and Plastisol inks. Some of the advantages are:
- Excellent durability. Natron™ SilTex inks have excellent machine wash resistance and heat resistance. They never fade and never crack.
- Environmentally friendly: They are PVC free, no phthalates, no plasticizes.
- Flexibility/ Stretchability: These inks have extreme flexibility. As a result, this prevents them from cracking.
- SilTex silicone inks adhere well on a wide range of fabrics both natural and synthetics. These include polyester, cotton, nylon, spandex, and blends.
- SilTex silicone inks have been formulated to cure at exceptionally low temperatures. This prevents dye migration.
- Screen stability and ease of printing. These inks have an exceptionally long pot life and are stable during printing.
- Aesthetically printing: Prints done with SilTex silicone inks have a premium, and rich soothing feel; a feature that can only be achieved by Natron™ SilTex silicone inks.
Additionally, we offer several types of silicone textile screen printing inks and bases. These bases enable printers to easily choose the type of ink they desire depending on their intended outcome. With SilTex, decorators and print 3D, gloss printing, matte finish printing, transfer printing etc.
What are the components of silicone inks? The SilTex series have ink (pigmented or a base), a catalyst, and a solvent.
Printing methods for Environmentally friendly Silicone inks
SilTex inks are perfect for printing with a manual or automatic screen-printing machines. These inks work well is screen mesh count of 80 – 195.
Additionally, through research, Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. SilTex silicone inks are designed for applications beyond apparel printing. Applications such as printing on wearable devices, protective wear, smart clothing is possible.
SilTex Textile silicone inks and coatings (finishes) enhance the products by making them more durable over a wide range of temperatures. The prints are also resistant to ironing and washing. They also offer excellent flexibility providing comfort with durability. The SilTex silicone inks come ready for printing. These ink formulations cure at incredibly low temperature in under a minute. Typical printing methods include screen, gravure, and transfer printing.
Lastly, a wide range of textiles use the Natron™ SilTex™ Textile screen printing inks. Some of the wide applications include raw and dyed fabrics. In addition, these silicone inks are decorate household fabrics, specialty technical fabrics, textile toys and a variety of everyday items.